"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."
I'm very excited that Hazel at Cupcakery has awarded me a Liebster Blog Award!
Thank you so much Hazel, this has really made me so happy.
I initially started writing two blogs a year or so ago - one for my crafting business, the other for writing projects. Neither felt quite 'right' and lacked something. The business blog was dull and business oriented, and the writing blog remained quiet as I was too busy with trying to start a business to do any creative writing. Then I realised – keeping these two blogs separate was not showing the 'whole' me, but in fact only split me in two. So I decided to merge the two blogs together. I started writing about other parts of my life too: family, thrifted finds, craft projects, days out, book reviews... suddenly blogging about my life as a whole felt more natural. And as for writing, well, the blog is my writing project!
I love being part of this blogging community. Taking a peek into others lives through pretty photography, inspiring words, sweet projects; the way others share favourite recipes, tutorials, other blogs to check out. Meeting people from around the world... it's opened up a whole new world to me and I hope that everyone who visits my blog enjoys it too.
So, back to the award...
11 Random Facts About Me1. I'm hopelessly addicted to tea and cake.
2. I love watching comedy shows, particularly Peep Show.
3. My twins were named Mark and Jeremy until they were born (see above).
4. I lived in North East Scotland for 8 years, aged 8-16.
5. I can easily waste a couple of hours watching random film trailers on Apple.
6. My favourite films are Little Miss Sunshine and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
7. ...but I do so love 80s movies from when I was a kid... Goonies, Lost Boys, Big, Terminator, Ghostbusters, Indianna Jones, Back to the Future... you get the picture!
7. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold inspired me want to be a writer.
8. I helped design the Robbie Williams live at Knebworth CD artwork.
9. I'd have loved to have been a dancer.
10. I keep too many receipts.
11. I'm a daydreamer.
Here are my answers to Hazel's questions:1. Did you have a childhood nickname?
My family called me Kazzy.
2. What is your favourite dessert?
I do love a bit of cheesecake, or anything doused in chocolate.
3. If you could invite 5 people to dinner, who would they be?
My best friend Anna who moved to Canada, Jimmy Carr, Simon Pegg, Adam Garcia, Zooey Deschanel.
4. Where would you love to visit most in the world?
New Zealand and Melbourne.
5. What is your current vice?
6. How do you sleep?
On my side, and usually well unless any little people creep in for a cuddle!
7. Are you a city or a country mouse?
I love the buzz of the city, but also the peace and beauty of the countryside having grown up there. I love walking in the countryside with my camera, a picnic and flask of tea. Ideally I'd like to live in a country cottage close to Bristol to get my city 'fix'!
8. What is you earliest childhood recollection?
Climbing out of my cot and sneaking downstairs for a cuddle with my dad while he watched snooker on tv.
9. Early bird or night owl?
Depends what sort of night I've had courtesy of my children! Usually I'm more of a morning person, I'm much more productive and energised.
10. Have you any pet peeves?
Rude, impolite people really get my back up. And the wind is such a pointless element, I hate it.
10. Do you have a word you over use?
Three words… 'more cake please' ;-)
11 Questions for my nominees:1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
2. What's your guilty pleasure?
3. Have you ever met anyone famous?
4. Why did you start your blog?
5. What do you do when you need some creative inspiration?
6. What is your 'day' job?
7. Who is your greatest inspiration?
8. If you could pass on any kind of advice, what would it be?
9. If you could do anything for a day, what would it be?
10. What is your greatest achievement?
11. What books or magazines are on your bedside table?
Here is my list of nominees:A Dainty Fawn
My Rainbow Vintage Home
Nice Kind of Blue
Peas and Carrots
Pointless Pretty Things
Teacups and Bunting
The Writing Bureau
Thanks again Hazel :-)